Sunday, May 17, 2009

Quick Shrimp Pasta


I was sitting in church this morning and (keeping it real here) my mind wandered to lunch.  Uh-oh.  Nothing to eat in the house.  I made a mental note to stop by the grocery store on the way home and resumed worship.  :-)  

I grabbed things pretty quickly at the store, but I managed to get enough odds and ends to throw together this quick and delicious pasta dish.  I used shrimp (which I love), but I think this would be equally as good with chicken. 

Quick Shrimp Pasta

Ingredients:  (All approximate here.  Sorry!)

1/2 lb fresh pasta [I used spinach tagellini (skinny tagliatelli)]
2 T EVOO
2 T butter
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small onion, diced
1/2 a medium sized zucchini, cut into large chunks
1 cup pre-cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp
a glug of white wine
salt and pepper
a handful of cherry tomatoes
5 or 6 big basil leaves


Instructions:

Boil a pot of salted water for the pasta.  Saute onion and garlic in the EVOO until translucent.  Add in the shrimp and zucchini. Drop the fresh pasta into the pasta water.  While the pasta water cooks, glug the wine into the shrimp mixture. Slice the cherry tomatoes and add those also.  When the pasta is cooked (4 to 5 minutes), drain it and drop it into the skillet with the shrimp and veggies.  Toss all to combine, S & P to taste and tear basil leaves over the top.  

This was a really tasty lunch.  I hope you'll give it a try!

Katie

1 comment: