Monday, July 6, 2009

Really Easy Crockpot Beef Barbecue


This BBQ is amazingly good and it isn't fatty and gristly like other BBQs I've had. Also, I'm not a pork fan, so the fact that this is a beef recipe makes it even better for me. In Chattanooga, people eat their BBQ sandwiches with coleslaw on top of the meat. I've heard it's a Southern thing, but I'm no expert. This is a pretty generous recipe too. The first time I made it, Matt and I had BBQ sandwiches for lunch for a week and we didn't mind, because it's that good. :)

I got this recipe from allrecipes and you can check it out here. I'll list a summarized recipe below if you don't care to visit the site. One note--this recipe calls for a bottle of barbecue sauce. Look for one that has tomato sauce as a first ingredient and preferably one that uses brown sugar and/or molasses instead of high fructose corn syrup. FYI--America's Test Kitchen ranked Bullseye as their fave. I can't get that here, but I used KC Masterpiece and it was delicious.

1 boneless chuck roast (3 lbs. approx)
garlic powder
onion powder
salt and pepper
1 bottle of barbecue sauce

Place roast in crock pot. Season with spices and pour entire bottle of barbecue sauce over the roast.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours and then remove meat to shred/pull apart. Add it back to the sauce and cook for at least another half an hour.

2 comments: