This is a great and super easy side dish that I have entertained with several times. Best of all, it's cheap! It's awesome with my goat cheese and spinach stuffed chicken breasts, but that's a post for another day. The original source for the recipe is here, but I've made some minor variations.
- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
Boil the orzo and drain. Rinse well, because it can glob up on you. Put everything else (except for the cheese) in a food processor and pulse until almost smooth. Stir it into the cooked orzo and then stir in the cheese. That's it. Easy, right?
P.S. Karen! Where are your posts, lady?